Interested Places from District Dhule
In Shirpur Taluka known for old and large well built by Ahilyabai Holkar, the queen of Indore.
In Sakri Taluka known for the shrine dedicated to Vishnu or Kanhaiyalal Maharaj.
The story goes that, once Raja Makardhvaja of Mulher had been a Dakor, a place near port Okha, to pay his respect to that famous deity. The idol to be seen today in the temple at the Amale appeared in his dream and requested the Raja to carry it along with him to Mulher. On Raja’s agreeing, the Lord put the conciliation that the palanqain carrying him should not be put down anywhere on the way. Bhoi’s were engaged to carry the palanqain and the Raja proceeded ahead to get the temple built and make other necessary arrangements. In order to shorten the distance the palanquin bearers cut across jungles and near Amale when they came across a river, they halted to have a dip in it. On being reminded by one of them that if kept down, the Palaguin would stick to the places, they kept it on a pipal tree. But after coming out of the river they were stupefied to find that the palaquin would not move. No amount of proyers moved the Lord and hence the Bhois had to abandon it. After the laps of certain period of time the Lord now approached a poor man from the village by name Pavba Bhagat and requested him to Build a small temple for him. Pavba axpressed his inability because of his poverty, but the Lord gave him understand that once made begining he would find the necessary wealth underbe neath the building stone. Pavsa accordintly undertook the task and everything happened as he was told in the dream.
In Sakri Taluka has well preserved a series of temples in Hemadpanthis and Bahamani style.
In Sakri Taluka known for its fort and more so for the caves or rather monks dwelling that are in the escarpments of the hills above the village. A remarkable features in the fort is that its building are mostly underground, these escarpment being honey combed with caves, some of them plain and shapeless, but others regular building with pillar-supported roots. There caves are locally known as Gavali Raja’s house.
In Sakri Taluka formerly known as Bhojpur after the king Bhoj, who is supposed to have rules this region. It is known for several old and in some cased dilapidated temples mostly situated on the bank of the Utavalinala. There are four temples dedicated to Mahadev, one each to Maruti- Ganapati and Bhavani and a twelve pillared Samudhi of a unknown saint popularly known as ‘Bara Khambi Mandir’.
In Sakri Taluka is known for Gangeshvar temple.
In Sakri Taluka is known for a small but ancient temple dedicated to Indai Goddess on the bank of the built up lake. Inside of Lake there is built in well holding goodwater through out the year with another built in kand nearby which has a hot water spring.
In Dhulia Taluka is known for an old and ruined fort occupying the top of the hill. It is a place of considerable antiquity and the fort is supposed to have been built during the region of Malik Raja Faruqui. Which subsequently granted to has eldest son. It was in this fort that, Nasir Khan and his son Miran Adil Khan were besieged in 1437 by the Bhanrnani general till they were relieved by an army advancing from Gujrath. Laling has also two hemadpanti temples in a decoyed condition and a rained hemadpanti well.
In Shindkheda Taluka known for a group of temples built during the times of the Yadava Kings. Of this group the ones dedicated to Balaji and Bhavani are the most important.
In Shindkhea Taluka renowned for the Kapileshwer shrine built by Ahilyabai Holkar near confluence of Tapi and Panjhara.
In Sakri Taluka known for Nagai temple situated on the left bank of the Pajhara river.
In Sakri Taluka said to have derived to present name for Nizam-ul-Mulle who had halted here for some time known for hemadpati temples.
In Sakri Taluka known for discovery of Chalukya copper- Plate of 4th centrury.
In Dhulia Taluka known for an antique shrine in hemadpanti style, dedicated to Kalika Goddess.
In Dhulia Taluka known for its antique fort. It was previously the chief town of Songir Sub division which was subsequently, abolished and Songir incorporated in Dhule Taluka in 1820. It is of same manufacturing importance with skilled workers in brass and copper. The historic fort has easy access and is entered through a stone gate still in good order. An inscription on this gate dated ‘Shake’ 1497 (1575A.D.) only state that ‘Ugrasen, son of Mansingh was very brave’. Inside the fort there is a handsome old reservoir and a fine old well. Ramnants of broken pipes of the old water systems that must have existed on the fort in the days gone could still be seen.