Under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005, the Maharashtra Rural Employment Guarantee scheme is in force in Dhule District from 2nd Feb 2006. The basic aim of the NREGA is to provide at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in rural area in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work. The NREGA provides wage employment for 100 days for every household, but under MREGS, the unskilled work is provided to every individual on demand throughout the year . The area covered under this scheme are villages and ‘C’ Grade Municipalities.
The work done under this scheme is divided into the following categories.
- Water conservation & water harvesting.
- Drought proofing including a forestation and tree plantation.
- Irrigation canals including micro & minor irrigation works.
- Provision of irrigation facility to land owned by households belonging to the SC/ST or to land of the beneficiaries of land reforms, or to land of the beneficiaries under the Indira Awas Yojana.
- Renovation of traditional water bodies, including de-silting of tanks
- land development
- flood control & protection works, including drainage in water logged areas
- Rural connectivity to provide all-weather access. construction of roads within village area
- Any other work that may be notified by the central Government in consultation with the state Government.
Works are carried out by the line department of Government &
Gram-panchayats for the respective category of work.
Implementation of the Scheme :- The various stages of the implementation of Scheme are as under.
- Registration of families
- Distribution of job cards
- Receipt of work applications
- Preparation of shelf of projects & selection of sites.
- Development & approval of technical estimates & issuance of work order.
- Allotment of work to individuals.
- Implementation & supervision of works.
- Payment of unemployment allowance.
- Payment of wages.
- Evaluation of work.
- Mandatory Social audit in the Gram Sabha.
The Scheme at Glance in Dhule District
||No. of Gram Panchyats
||No. of Families Registered
||No. of Individuals in Families
||No. of Job Card Issued.
District Annual Plan 2018-19
||No of works proposed
||Total Estimated Cost
||Expected expenditure during the year
||Expected man days Creation During he year
||Total Funds available In lakhs
||Expenditure In Lakhs